Creating e-Invoice API Login Credentials
This article describes the procedure to create e-Invoice API login credentials in the e-Invoice Sandbox Portal and e-Invoice API Portal setup by National Information Centre (NIC). Here’s a PDF of the API registration article if you would like to download it.
Part 1: Registering in Sandbox portal and Entering details in GSTZen
To begin your e-Invoice testing, you will first need to acquire API credentials from the government Sandbox portal. Unique Username and Password has to be created for each GST number. After this, you would enter these credentials into GSTZen
Section 1: e-Invoice API Registration in NIC Trial Portal
- Click on Login and then, click on Register here
- You will be able to see a similar screen after clicking on Register here. Select Taxpayer on Registration Form.
- Enter the GSTIN, Phone number, and Email address registered with GSTIN, and Captcha. Click on the Validate button to validate the information. The portal will validate the data. After that, click on the Send OTP button
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile and click on Submit
- You will be able to see your GSTIN on this page. Select Registration through as GSP.
- Select the Company Name as CLOUDZEN SOFTWARE LABS PRIVATE LIMITED(GSTZen).
- Enter the Client ID as AAFCC29ERP82ZSO. Enter your API testing Username and Password & Click on Create.
- You will now be able to see the acknowledgment from the e-Invoice portal.
Section 2: Logging into the NIC Trial Portal through GSTZen
Note: GSTZen recommends using 2 different accounts for Sandbox testing and Production.
- Register your GSTIN in your GSTZen account. For information on how to add your GSTIN into GSTZen, please see the article – Add GSTIN to your GSTZen account
- Click on the GSTIN to open your GSTZen Home page. Click on e-Invoicing
- Choose Tally/SAP Integration
- Enter your API Username and Password from the Sandbox portal
Note: Client ID and Client Secret to be entered in GSTZen is ZENTRIAL
Part 2: Registering in API production portal and Entering details in GSTZen
Since the testing credentials cannot be used to create Live e-Invoices, you would need to sign up for production API credentials. If you wish to continue into production with the same GSTZen credentials, the test Sales invoices will need to be deleted from your account.
Section 1: Delete all your invoices in the sales register
- Select the GSTIN on your GSTZen Homepage dashboard.
- Click on the Sales Register on the right side of your screen.
- Select the checkbox next to Type as shown in the below picture and then click on Delete selected invoices in page.
- Select the Approve checkbox and click on Delete Invoices.
Section 2: API e-Invoice Registration in Production e-Invoice Portal
- Click on Login and enter your Username and Password
Note: If you have registered on the Eway bill production portal, you may use the same credentials to log in to the API e-Invoicing portal
- Click on API Registration.
- Click on User Credentials and click on Create API User. This will trigger an OTP to your registered mobile Number.
- Please enter the OTP and click on Verify OTP.
- Select CLOUDZEN SOFTWARE LABS PRIVATE LIMITED(GSTZen) as your GSP.
- Create API-specific Username and Password & Click on Submit.
- Your API credentials are created, you receive a message that the user creation was successful.
Section 3: Logging into the API Portal through GSTZen
- Click on E-Invoicing on your GSTIN detail page.
- Choose Tally/SAP Integration
- Click on Change E-Invoice Portal Login details.
- Provide Client ID and Client Secret as ZENLIVE. Please note that the username will start with API_