|Title||Seeks to amend notification No. 10/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate) so as notify certain services under reverse charge mechanism (RCM) as recommended by GST Council in its 37th meeting held on 20.09.2019.|
1) In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 5 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017), the Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby makes the following further amendments in the notification of the Government of India, in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), No.10/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate), dated the 28th June, 2017, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 685(E), dated the 28th June, 2017, namely:- In the said notification, in the Table, - (i) for serial number 11 and the entries relating thereto, the following shall be substituted, namely: -
In the said notification, in the Table, -
(i) for serial number 11 and the entries relating thereto, the following shall be substituted, namely: -
(1) (2) (3) (4) "11 Supply of services by a music composer, photographer, artist or the like by way of transfer or permitting the use or enjoyment of a copyright covered under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 13 of the Copyright Act, 1957 relating to original dramatic, musical or artistic works to a music company, producer or the like. Music composer, photographer, artist, or the like Music company, producer or the like, located in the taxable territory. ”;
(ii) after serial number 11 and the entries relating thereto, the following serial number and entries shall be inserted, namely: -
“11A Supply of services by an author by way of transfer or permitting the use or enjoyment of a copyright covered under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 13 of the Copyright Act, 1957 relating to original literary works to a publisher. Author Publisher located in the taxable territory:
Provided that nothing contained in this entry shall apply
- the author has taken registration under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), and filed a declaration, in the form at Annexure I, within the time limit prescribed therein, with the jurisdictional CGST or SGST commissioner, as the case may be, that he exercises the option to pay integrated tax on the service specified in column (2), under forward charge in accordance with Section 5 (1) of the Integrated Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 under forward charge, and to comply with all the provisions of Integrated Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017) as they apply to a person liable for paying the tax in relation to the supply of any goods or services or both and that he shall not withdraw the said option within a period of 1 year from the date of exercising such option;
- the author makes a declaration, as prescribed in Annexure II on the invoice issued by him in Form GST Inv-I to the publisher. ”;
(iii) after serial number 16 and the entries relating thereto, the following serial numbers and entries shall be inserted, namely: -
(1) (2) (3) (4) "17 Services provided by way of renting of a motor vehicle provided to a body corporate. Any person other than a body corporate, paying integrated tax at the rate of 5% on renting of motor vehicles with input tax credit only of input service in the same line of business. Any body corporate located in the taxable territory. 18 Services of lending of securities under Securities Lending Scheme, 1997 (“Scheme”) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (“SEBI”), as amended. Lender i.e. a person who deposits the securities registered in his name or in the name of any other person duly authorised on his behalf with an approved intermediary for the purpose of lending under the Scheme of SEBI Borrower i.e. a person who borrows the securities under the Scheme through an approved intermediary of SEBI.”.
2) This notification shall come into force on the 1 st day of October, 2019.