Simplified GSTR-3B returns filing
Filing of GSTR-3B has been revamped on the Government portal. It has been
made more user friendly.
The following steps have been introduced to simplify the entire process –
- Fill either CGST or SGST/UGST amount, other tax will get auto filled.
- You can now save the Form on confirming details filled in the Table. You
can fill balance details later.
- Preview Form or download it for cross verifying saved details in any
- No more Submit requirement to freeze details and know the liability.
- Changes in any table can be made before making payment towards
- Once you proceed to payment, you can also see details of
existing balances in cash and credit ledgers (Table 6.1 – Payments Table).
- System suggested Tax Credit (ITC) is already filled for discharging
Note – Be aware, it is only suggestion. You can edit the same before
finalizing the Return.
- Once you confirm ITC and cash utilization for payment of tax liability in
Payments Table, system does automatic calculation for shortfall in cash
8 Once you are Ok with shortfall, System will generate pre-filled challan
for shortfall and navigate to payments option.
- Once you make online payment, system will navigate back to Payments
- Once satisfied with the details filled, click “Proceed to file”,
select authorized signatory, Submit with EVC or DSC. Your return is filed.
You can Track Return status as well as download the Return from through
Track Return Status functionality available at your dashboard in the