What is Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar? How lucky draw works, Chance to win Rs 1 Crore price Structure
To promote the practice of customers requesting invoices or bills for all purchases, the Government of India is introducing the “Invoice Incentive Scheme” known as “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar” in collaboration with State Governments. The Scheme will be launched on September 1, 2023.
The program’s goal is to influence the way people think and act so that they see “Ask for a Bill” as their right and entitlement.
What is Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar
The initiative will apply to all business-to-consumer invoices provided to customers by GST-registered suppliers in participating states. Invoices should be uploaded on the ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’ mobile application, which is available on IOS and Android, as well as the web portal ‘web.merabill.gst.gov.in’. An Acknowledgement Reference Number (ARN) will be generated for each uploaded invoice, which will be utilised in the prize draw.
Winning invoices will be chosen at regular intervals (monthly/quarterly) using a random draw process. A lucky draw must have at least 200 rupees worth of invoices to qualify.
Which states are participating in this pilot project States of Assam, Gujarat & Haryana and UTs of Puducherry, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
How to apply for Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar
The monthly draw will include all B2C invoices generated during the prior month that have been uploaded on the application by the fifth day of the subsequent month. All invoices uploaded within the last three months (up until the fifth of the month before the bumper draw) will be taken into consideration for the bumper prize in a quarterly drawing. The following information would be needed from the participants when uploading the invoice:
GSTIN of supplier
· Invoice Number
· Invoice Date
· Invoice Value
· State/UT of the customer
Things to keep in mind
· The system will reject duplicate uploads and invoices with a fraudulent or inactive GSTIN. · Only push notifications on the app or website will be used to alert or notify the winners. · In order to facilitate the winning prize’s transfer to the winning person through the specified bank account, the winning person will be required to submit additional information through the app or web portal, such as their PAN number, Aadhar card number, and bank account details, within 30 days of the date on which they were notified (the date of the SMS/app/web portal notification). · This pilot program will be active for a year. Periodicity of draw and prize structure: Frequency -> No. of prizes -> Amt (Rs) Monthly -> 800 -> 10,000 Monthly-> 10 -> 10,00,000 Quarterly(Bumper Draw) -> 2 -> 1,00,00,000
1. Who qualifies All Indian residents are eligible, except those specifically excluded by the Government.
2. What types of invoices are acceptable for upload? Only B2C (Business to Consumer) invoices are acceptable, which are issued to or received by an end-user. A B2C invoice is a document issued by a registered seller possessing a GSTIN to a consumer (unregistered).
3. When and how will I receive the price if I win? Winners will be informed through SMS, the Mobile App, and the Portal. Winners will receive an SMS and notification.
4. I reside in Maharashtra, Can I upload invoice from other states Only B2C invoices issued by sellers registered in states implementing the reward scheme are eligible.
5. What are the documents required to claim a prize? Winners must provide their original identity document, uploaded original bill, and any other required government document, as prescribed by government from time to time.
6. How reward will be delivered? Rewards will be credited to winners’ bank accounts, and winners must update their PAN and bank details in the app or portal.