|Title||Amending CGST Rules notification 10/2017-CT dt 28.06.2017|
(1) In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
(1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Third Amendment) Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the 1st day of July, 2017.
(2) In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017,
(i) in rule 44,
(a) in sub-rule (2), for the words “integrated tax and central tax”, the words “central tax, State tax, Union territory tax and integrated tax” shall be substituted;
(b) in sub-rule (2), after the words “integrated tax”, for the brackets and figure “(2)”, the brackets and figure “(3)” shall be substituted;
(c) in sub-rule (6), for the words and letters “IGST and CGST”, the words “central tax, State tax, Union territory tax and integrated tax” shall be substituted;
(ii) in rule 96,
(a) in sub-rule(1), in clause (b), and
(b) in sub-rule (3), after the words, figures and letters “FORM GSTR 3”, the words and figures “or FORM GSTR-3B, as the case may be;” shall be inserted;
(iii) after rule 96, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:- “ 96A. Refund of integrated tax paid on export of goods or services under bond or Letter of Undertaking.– (1) Any registered person availing the option to supply goods or services for export without payment of integrated tax shall furnish, prior to export, a bond or a Letter of Undertaking in FORM GST RFD-11 to the jurisdictional Commissioner, binding himself to pay the tax due along with the interest specified under sub-section (1) of section 50 within a period of —
(a) fifteen days after the expiry of three months from the date of issue of the invoice for export, if the goods are not exported out of India; or
(b) fifteen days after the expiry of one year, or such further period as may be allowed by the Commissioner, from the date of issue of the invoice for export, if the payment of such services is not received by the exporter in convertible foreign exchange.
(2) The details of the export invoices contained in FORM GSTR-1 furnished on the common portal shall be electronically transmitted to the system designated by Customs and a confirmation that the goods covered by the said invoices have been exported out of India shall be electronically transmitted to the common portal from the said system.
(3) Where the goods are not exported within the time specified in sub-rule (1) and the registered person fails to pay the amount mentioned in the said sub-rule, the export as allowed under bond or Letter of Undertaking shall be withdrawn forthwith and the said amount shall be recovered from the registered person in accordance with the provisions of section 79.
(4) The export as allowed under bond or Letter of Undertaking withdrawn in terms of subrule
(3) shall be restored immediately when the registered person pays the amount due.
(5) The Board, by way of notification, may specify the conditions and safeguards under which a Letter of Undertaking may be furnished in place of a bond.
(6) The provisions of sub rule (1) shall apply, mutatis mutandis, in respect of zero-rated supply of goods or services or both to a Special Economic Zone developer or a Special Economic Zone unit without payment of integrated tax.”; (iv) in rule 117, in sub-rule (1), after the words “the amount of input tax credit”, the words “of eligible duties and taxes, as defined in Explanation 2 to section 140,” shall be inserted;
(v) in rule 119, in the heading, for the word “agent”, the word “job-worker” shall be substituted;
(vi) after rule 138, the following shall be inserted, namely:-
Note:- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification No. 3/2017-Central Tax, dated the 19th June, 2017, published vide G.S.R number 610 (E), dated the 19th June, 2017 and last amended vide notification No. 10/2017-Central Tax, dated the 28th June, 2017, published vide G.S.R number 663 (E) dated the 28th June, 2017.