|Title||Seeks to make third amendment (2020) to CGST Rules.|
1) In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
(1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Third Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2) Rule 8 – Application for registration
3) Rule 9 – Verification of the application and approval
4) Rule 25 – Physical verification of business premises in certain cases
5) Rule 43 – Manner of determination of input tax credit in respect of capital goods and reversal thereof in certain cases
6) Rule 80 – Annual return
7) Rule 86 – Electronic Credit Ledger
8) Rule 89 – Application for refund of tax, interest, penalty, fees or any other amount
9) Rule 92 – Order sanctioning refund
10) Rule 96 – Refund of integrated tax paid on goods or services exported out of India
11) Rule 96B – Recovery of refund of unutilised input tax credit or integrated tax paid on export of goods where export proceeds not realised
12) Rule 141 – Procedure in respect of seized goods
With effect from 23rd March, 2020, in the said rules,following FORM GST RFD shall be inserted, namely