To retrieve your password, you need to perform the following steps:
1) Access the URL https://www.gst.gov.in/. The GST Home page is displayed.
2) Click the Login link given in top right-hand corner of the GST Home page.
3) The Login page is displayed. Click the Forgot Password link.
4) The User Credentials page is displayed. In the Username field, type the username that you created while logging in first time to the GST Portal.
5) In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text shown on the screen.
6) Click the GENERATE OTP button. The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered e-mail address and mobile number.
7) The OTP Verification page is displayed. In the Enter OTP field, enter the OTP that was sent to your registered e-mail address and mobile phone number.
8) Click the CONTINUE button.
Note: In case your OTP is expired and you want to receive the OTP again on your e-mail address and mobile phone number, click the RESEND OTP button.
9) The New Credentials page is displayed. In the New Password field, enter a password of your choice that you will be using from next time onwards.
10) In the Re-confirm Password field, reenter the password.
Note: Password should be of 8 to 15 characters which should comprise of at least one number, one special character, one upper case and one lower case letter.
11) Click the SUBMIT button.
The message "Your password has been successfully reset. Kindly login using the new password.” is displayed. You can login to the GST Portal using the new password from next time.