1) The PERSON INCHARGE shall generate TDS Certificate through the GST Portal in FORM GSTR-7A after filing of Monthly Return.
2) A TDS certificate is required to be issued by deductor (the person who is deducting tax) in Form GSTR-7A to the deductee (the supplier from whose payment TDS is deducted), within 5 days of crediting the amount to the Government.
3) Failing which the deductor would be liable to pay a late fee of Rs. 100/- per day from the expiry of the 5th day till the certificate is issued.
4) This late fee would not be more than Rs. 5000/-.
5) The TDS, so deducted, shall be deposited in the account of Government by 10th of the succeeding month.
6) The TDS so deposited in the Government account shall be reflected in the electronic cash ledger of the supplier (i.e. deductee) who would be able to use the same for payment of tax or any other amount.