Application for Registration as Tax Deductor at source (u/s 51) or Tax Collector at source (u/s 52)
List of documents to be uploaded (not applicable to a department or establishment of the Central Government or State Government or Local Authority or Governmental agencies):-
Proof of Principal Place of Business:
(a) For Own premises –
Any document in support of the ownership of the premises like latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
(b) For Rented or Leased premises –
A copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Lessor like Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
(c) For premises not covered in (a) and (b) above –
A copy of the Consent Letter with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Consenter like Municipal Khata copy or Electricity Bill copy. For shared properties also, the same documents may be uploaded.
(d) For rented/leased premises where the Rent/lease agreement is not available, an affidavit to that effect along with any document in support of the possession of the premises like copy of Electricity Bill.
(e) If the principal place of business is located in an Special Economic Zone or the applicant is an Special Economic Zone developer, necessary documents/certificates issued by Government of India are required to be uploaded
Instructions for submission ofapplication for registration as Tax Deductor/Tax Collector.
1) Enter name of Tax Deductor/Tax Collector as recorded on Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number/ Permanent Account Number of the Business. Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number/Permanent Account Number shall be verified with Income Tax database.
2) Provide Email Id and Mobile Number of DDO (Drawing and Disbursing Officer) / Person responsible for deducting tax/collecting tax for verification and future communication which will be verified through One Time Passwords to be sent separately, before filling up of the application.
3) Person who is acting as DDO/ Person deducting/collecting tax can sign the application.
4) The application filed by undermentioned persons shall be signed digitally
|Sr. No||Type of Applicant||Digital Signature required|
|1||Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)- Class-2 and above.|
|2||Other than above||Digital Signature Certificate class 2 and above, e-Signature or any other mode as specified or as may be notified.|
5) All information relating to Permanent Account Number , Aadhaar, Director Identification Number,Challan Identification Number shall be validated online by the system and Acknowledgment Receipt Number will be generated after successful validation of all the filled information.
6) Status of the application filed online can be tracked on the Common portal.
7) No fee is payable for filing application for registration.
8) Authorised shall not be a minor